MEET DR. MADDEN
Dr. Karisha Lynn Madden was born in Texas and attended Stephen F. Austin State University, where she received many collegiate awards, including an honors degree in biology and chemistry. She continued to gain experience in pediatric cardiology as a research associate at the Baylor College of Medicine, and later became the top sales representative for Abbott Pharmaceutical Spine Division in the Greater Houston area. Combining her scientific knowledge, artistic abilities, and interpersonal skills, Dr. Madden pursued a career in dentistry.
Dr. Madden graduated at the top of her class from The University of Texas Dental School at Houston. She has also received advanced training in practice management, laser dentistry, facial aesthetics, and AACD-accredited dental photography.
Dr. Madden’s dental philosophy centers on the patient and includes patient education, comprehensive care, and advanced clinical knowledge. This approach allows her to establish meaningful relationships with her patients based on an understanding that she will continually strive to achieve the very best dental results.
Dr. Madden has always given back to the community through various volunteer organizations, and more recently with regard to dentistry. Some charitable events and programs she has participated in include:
- Texas Mission of Mercy—Biannually across the state of Texas.
- Smiles on Wheels—Annually when this organization visits UTDB at Houston.
- San Jose Pediatric Clinic—Volunteers every second Saturday of the month since her second year of dental school.
- Texas Association of Women’s Dentistry—Annual fundraising for various charities.
- UTDB Outreach Program—Volunteers at local elementary schools and the community of Jasper, Texas.
- Texas Hispanic Association of Dentistry—Assists with community education programs.
Education is a top priority for Dr. Madden. She is currently earning her Fellowship at the American Academy of General Dentistry and is actively involved in the following professional organizations:
- The Greater Houston Dental Society
- Texas Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics
- Aesthetic Advantage Master, New York
- Spear: Pursuit of Excellence in Dentistry Faculty Member
- Clinical Mastery Series Mentor
- Lectures at the University of Texas Dental School in Houston
Besides dentistry, Dr. Madden also has a passion for exercising, gardening, cooking, painting, swimming, traveling, and spending time with her daughter and husband, Claire and Rory Madden. She is also an active parishioner at St. Anne and St. Michael Catholic Church.
“The most important thing I’ve learned after all my years of education and serving others is that it is our privileged duty to help others live a better life with the knowledge and skills we have acquired. That’s why I focus on comprehensive dentistry – treating the whole person by delivering a memorable experience along with beautiful, healthy, and functional smiles for the people of Bellaire.” —Dr. Madden
Schedule your appointment today to receive the best care from Houston’s Top Dentist as seen in Houstonia Magazine for 2018!