Did you know your oral health and teeth can last a lifetime if you care for them properly? Due to neglect, your teeth can become weak and damaged from cavities and gum disease. That is why keeping your oral health in top-notch shape is ideal for long-term positive oral health. Our dentist, Dr. Karisha Madden with Madden Dental cares about your smile and is happy to share some necessary information on how to keep your oral health strong throughout your lifetime.
Here are some tips on how to care for your oral health throughout your life:
– If you have a set of dentures, contamination can occur if you do not routinely clean them. To properly clean dentures, soak them in a denture cleaning solution daily.
– Visiting your dentist is one of the most helpful things you do to keep your smile safe as you age. Your dentist will be able to assess any damage that is occurring and provide you with treatments to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
– Improve your oral hygiene habits by looking for new techniques to improve your brushing and flossing skills. Remember to use tools that are not overly difficult to operate.
– Avoid medications or other habits that can produce dry mouth. For additional help, try implementing saliva producing methods into your daily life.
– Improve your diet by avoiding unhealthy substances. This includes products that can lead to erosion or ones that can chip and fracture your teeth.
These tips will keep your smile and oral health and a bright path for pristine oral health as you age. If you have questions about your teeth or would like a dental checkup, please call us today at (713) 667-8080 to set up an appointment. Our dental team is happy to assist you in Houston, Bellaire and West University Place, Texas.