Would you be surprised to know that many people do not know the proper way to brush their teeth? Many people have adverse oral health due to a lack of poor oral hygiene. That is why, our dentist, Dr. Karisha Madden with Madden Dental is happy to talk to you about the basics of brushing your teeth, so you can take proper care of your smile and improve your oral health.
Take note of these tips on the proper way to care for your teeth:
– Focus on brushing between your teeth at least 2 to 3 minutes twice every day.
– Replace your toothbrush every few months or when you start to notice signs of wear.
– To ensure your teeth are properly cleaned, make sure you’re brushing them at the right angle. Brush front teeth by turning your brush vertical and brush all other teeth by turning your brush to a 45-degree angle.
– Never share your toothbrushes with anyone else.
– To remove bacteria from your tongue, gently scrape it with a tongue scraper or use a toothbrush.
– To avoid dental abrasion, use toothbrushes that have soft bristles.
With these tips, you can feel confident that your smile will be well taken care of. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you need a dental checkup, then you have come to the right place! Call us today at (713) 667-8080 to set up an appointment. Our team is happy to help you in Houston TX, Bellaire TX, and West University Place, TX.