Did you know water flossers are safe and efficient to cleaning your teeth along the gumline and in between your teeth? Yes, it’s true! Many water flossers have been approved by the American Dental Association to be safe and effective for their proper use. Water flossers work by using a steady beam of water to floss your teeth. To help you learn more about the benefits of water flossing, our dentist, Dr. Karisha Madden with Madden Dental in Bellaire, Texas, has provided you with a list of information, so you can decide if water flossers are right for you.
The benefits and intel of water flossing include:
– Water flossers are highly efficient, but products do vary. Always look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance on products to determine which ones are best to use.
– Gum disease can be prevented with sufficient water flossing routines.
– To make cleaning between your teeth easier, interdental cleaning tools such as water flossers can be used. Water flossers do not use pieces of the thread but instead, rely on steady jets of water to clean between teeth.
– Water flossers do not use any thread of any sort and instead focus on spraying water on your teeth to clean out debris between them.
– If you have previous restorations in place in your mouth including bridges or dentures, it may be beneficial to try using a water flosser instead of traditional dental floss.
If you have questions about your oral health or know it’s time for a dental cleaning, please call us today at (713) 667-8080 to set up an appointment. Our dental team is happy to address your oral health concerns and help give you a healthy smile in Houston TX, Bellaire TX, and West University Place, TX.