If you wish to drastically enhance your smile, it is important to first make sure there are no forms of dental damage occurring. This includes making sure your gums are safe as well. If you have an infection in your gum tissues, it is commonly known as periodontal disease or gum disease. Periodontal disease has numerous symptoms associated with it that are often recognizable and distinguishable when they occur. Here are a few symptoms to look for to determine if you are suffering from gum disease:
– If you have a painful chewing sensations while you eat, it may be linked to another oral health condition associated with gum tissue infections.
– Keep an eye out for indications of gum sensitivity or tenderness. If they are sore to the touch, it could be a result of gum disease.
– Frequent bouts of halitosis or the presence of pus or sores are common symptoms of gum disease.
– If you are suffering from gum recession, it could be a sign of gum disease. Gum recession occurs when your gums begin to pull back away from your teeth.
– Look for indications of frequent bleeding when involved in any activities. Bleeding often occurs when you’re eating or even while brushing or flossing your teeth.
– Uncharacteristic signs and conditions with irregularities associated with your gums are often a sign of gum disease. This includes inflammation and swelling.
If you would like to schedule an appointment to discuss your possible gum disease treatment with Dr. Karisha Madden and our team at Madden Dental, please call (713) 667-8080 to stop by our dentist office in Bellaire, Texas.